Thursday, April 1, 2010

I screwed up again!


After spending a few days in bed with a major fibro flare, I thought I would try learning a few things about posting and arranging my blog. I got very busy adding gadgets and pics, and actually wrote a long post. Feeling very proud, and absolutely too confident in my abilities, I tried to add a pic to my post. Big mistake! It came out positioned in the wrong place, sticking out like a sore thumb. Of course I found this out when I looked at the preview page. Now, I can't get back to the right page to edit it! Grrrr! So here I go, starting over, hoping for better luck this time. Anyway... I mentioned that I joined Wardrobe Refashion in my last post. One of the requirements of the contract is that I copy the pledge. Here it is.

I Anne Maskell, ( or tigermomma442 as I am known on WR) pledge to abstain from the purchase of 'new' manufactured items of clothing for the period of 2 months.I pledge that I shall refashion,renovate,recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric,yarn, or other medium, for the duration of the contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovated, recycled crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others my share the joy that thy thriftiness brings!
signed, Anne Maskell, aka tigermomma442

Of course, in my manic fashion, I went to town in the first 2-3 days, and nearly burnt out my sewing machine! I have to admit, there was only one refashion, but I had a few other items already cut out and ready to sew, so I went ahead and made them too. (ok, here I go, trying to insert a pic!)
Ok. I think I give up. As you can see, the pic of my poor, sad, refashioned sweater appeared at the top of this post! What am I doing wrong? Help!!!!! Well, anyway, looking at the pic of this sweater, it does look rather sad and forlorn. It is actually nice in person. It started out life as a large men's polo type sweater, with a zipper instead of buttons. I cut off the collar and angled down around the zipper to give it a vee neck look. Then just cut it straight down the middle. To get the points at the bottom, I cut the back off higher from side seam to side seam, then from each side at the front, I angled the cut down to a point. I also put two pleats on each shoulder to bring it up to where it should be. Then I just hemmed the whole thing. It turned out to be very soft and comfy. I've already worn it a few times, and it washes up great. From there I went on to make two tops, and two nightgowns. I also made this cardigan. The purple and fuchsia colours don't show up well in the pic, but the fabric is beautiful.
Ok, did it again. I really have to figure this out! My next projects are a couple of little dresses for my nieces. I picked up a few little tank tops at goodwill yesterday, and I plan to attach skirts to them. Hopefully by the time I have them done I'll also figure out how to insert a pic properly! Until next time, Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment